I’m going through a phase of wanting to use up a lot of products before buying anything new, although Boots is making this rather difficult. I’ve already done a Products Empties post, here, and thought it was a good way to show you what I’ve loved and what I won’t be running out to replace. So without further ado, here’s what I used up recently…
- Nivea Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes – I had a packet of these in my last empties post where I said I would repurchase them. However, now that I have discovered the L’Oreal Micellar Solution I don’t see me buying anymore face wipes any time soon.
- Rituals Magic Touch Cherry Blossom and Rice Whipped Body Cream – I mentioned this in my January Favourites and it lasted a fair amount of uses for just being a sample size. I will definitely be buying this in a bigger size once I’ve made more of a dent in my body lotion stash.
- Maybelline The Falsies Black Drama Mascara – This is one of my favourite mascaras and I can see myself repurchasing this for a long time. It gives my lashes volume and length and holds a curl for a decent amount of time, about 5 hours, without using eyelash curlers.
- Estee Lauder Lip Conditioner SPF 15 – I have ridiculously chapped lips and I bought this on a recommendation from a friend. It’s good to use as a base for lip products and would be good if you don’t suffer with chapped lips but for people with really dry lips I don’t think this is worth the £17.
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Mascara – I didn’t really like this mascara, the brush was too big and it made my eyes itch after a couple of hours. I used it up but I don’t think I’m going to be buying this again.
- Tesco My Senses Shampoo – I got this to see if it was anything like Herbal Essences as from the packaging I’m assuming that’s what it’s trying to be a cheaper version of. It wasn’t great but it did the job and if you’re looking for a cheap alternative this could suit you well. I don’t think I will buy this again as I still have a few shampoos to use up and I would rather use Pantene.
- Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Conditioner – I have naturally wavy hair so every once in a while I like to try out products that promises curly hair. I tried the shampoo, the conditioner and the finishing cream all together and I couldn’t see any difference. I’m always a bit skeptical of these kind of products that don’t call for any type of styling tool. It smelt nice and my hair was ridiculously soft after using it but I don’t think i’ll be buying it again.
- Dove Beauty Deodorant – I don’t normally go for deodorant that doesn’t offer anti-white marks but I tried this and was quite impressed with the lack of white marks and the smell wasn’t too over powering like some other deodorants. Even though I quite liked this I don’t think I will repurchase this and just stick with my anti-white mark deodorant.
- Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Cleansing Water – This is a part of the Ant-Blemish solutions 3 step system. When I was a teenager I used the 3 products religiously but when my spots started to calm down I stopped using the face wash and saved this and the moisturiser just for when I have breakouts. It does make any active breakouts sting a bit but to me that just means it’s working. I’m going to try out a few more budget friendly spot treatments but if I don’t find anything that matches up I will be hot footing it to Boots to restock.
Thanks for reading 🙂