As you may know, at the start of the year I started to do a project 10 pan (I failed – read about that here, if you haven’t already) and since then I have been putting certain things into my everyday makeup bag that I want to use up. Because of this I have actually used up a decent amount of makeup in the last couple of months since my last ’empties’ post. I have used up some other things too, I’m just really impressed with myself about the makeup.
- Umberto Giannini Glam Hair Rock ‘N’ Roll Extreme Hairspray. I actually got this as a gift in a set with a mousse (no idea where that’s gone) so I feel a bit bad about not liking it. I think for people that actually backcomb their hair (I don’t) this would be great. Unfortunately as I don’t back comb my hair or do anything too adventurous with it I was using it as an everyday hairspray and for that it’s not anything to shout about. It’s a good hairspray, don’t get me wrong, but if you were going to use it as a bog standard hairspray the price is way to high. It’s £6 a bottle and I have heard/seen a lot of people rave about it but it just isn’t for me.
- Colgate Max White One Mouthwash. You may be wondering why on earth I’m including a toothpaste in this post but there’s good reason for it. I hate the taste of minty teeth products. For lack of a better term, they make me gag. So I thought I would include this for other people like me who struggle to find mild tasting teeth products. This has more of sweet taste than a minty one (there’s still a bit of mint but I can handle it). Definitely going to be buying this again.
- Pantene Anti Dandruff Shampoo. I have been having an issue with a really dry scalp lately and have been trying a couple of things to try and get rid of the gross flakes residing in my roots. This is a nice shampoo for it being anti-dandruff but it didn’t really do anything for the dry scalp problem. I am trying some other things at the moment but if anyone has any suggestions that would be great and much appreciated. I probably won’t repurchase this particular type but I will repurchase from Pantene.
- The Body Shop Satsuma Body Wash. This bloody great bottle of body wash has taken forever to use up and I am the kind of person that doesn’t like more than one shower gel in the shower at once so it was getting quite boring. It a lovely scent and was great value for money as it lasted me well over 3 months (might have even been 6) but if you get bored easily I would suggest getting a smaller sized bottle. As a shower gel it lathers up nicely and you don’t need to use too much at once. I won’t be repurchasing this anytime soon as I need a change but I have got a different scent in my body care stocks ready to be used.
- L’Oreal Elvive Nutri-Gloss Hair Mask. I picked this up when it was being discontinued in Tesco (you can still get it in other places) and used it about once a month when I would give myself a little pamper day. It leaves your hair feeling so soft and like you’ve just had a damn good cleaning at a hair dressers. I have also found since using this that I haven’t been getting as many split ends as I used to and it smells pretty good too. I think I might try the newest mask from L’Oreal next but I will probably repurchase this in the near future.
- Nivea Micellar Water. I have talked way too much about this and other micellar waters so I won’t bore you with the details. Out of the 3 I’ve tried, this is my least favourite. It does the job but I just prefer the Garnier one to this so I won’t be repurchasing this any time soon.
- Balance Me Beauty Wonder Eye Cream. I am yet to find an eye cream that I am really impressed with but this was really nice to use in the mornings to make myself look a little bit more alive and give my under eyes some much needed hydration. At this particular time I don’t think I will be repurchasing this as I want to try to find an eye cream that suits me but I did really enjoy using it.
- Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation. I have written a full review on this foundation and I think it was even in a favourites post. I already knew that I liked this but once I had finished it up I thought I would just try and use up a couple more foundations to give my drawers a bit more space (so I can buy even more hahaha) and I noticed that foundations that I had before this I enjoyed using and now I don’t. This blends a lot better than some other foundations that have and is such a light but tone correcting coverage that I am so impressed that it is under £10. I think this has just gone on offer in Tesco so I will be picking up a new bottle when payday rolls around.
- Barry M Intense Black Mascara. I’ve mentioned this in a favourites post and explained there that my cousin gave this to me after attending the Clothes Show Live. I really enjoyed this but I can not find it anywhere to repurchase it.
- Avon Mega Effects Mascara. There was a lot of hype surrounding this mascara as it came with a revolutionary wand like none seen before. Other than that it was a mascara. The formula was nothing special in my opinion and so I won’t be repurchasing it.
- MUA Mosaic Blush in English Rose. When I first got this I loved it. I liked that the shimmer made it a blush and highlighter all in one, which is great as we all love a good multi use product. However, now that I have been getting more interested in Blush I realised that it isn’t that great. For £2.50 it’s a good product but by the time I had used it up i was glad. I can’t quite put my finger on it and the only way I can really explain it, is to say I went off it.
- MUA Heaven and Earth Palette. Great neutrals palette. Great price at only £4. Great quality of eyeshadows. The only reason I won’t be buying this again anytime soon is that I have a lot of palettes to use and a lot of palettes I have my eyes on that I want to try.
- Clinique Lip Gloss. I loved this lipgloss formula, I’m very picky when it comes to lip products. The only reason I didn’t rush out to buy a new one when this ran out was because of the price. I might treat myself to one in the future but for now I won’ be repurchasing.
- E.l.f Complexion Perfection Powder and Studio Blush in Tickled Pink. I am putting these together as I feel the same way about both of them . They are both great products with a great price tag but I won’t be buying them again anytime soon as I just can’t be bothered to put an order in at E.l.f. It’s not that much of a hassle but it’s only worth it if you buy £30 of stuff to get the free shipping and I don’t really want to buy a load of stuff that I don’t really want. When I go to NYC next year I might pick these up as they have them in some stores but for now I won’t be repurchasing.
- MUA Brow Pencil in Blonde. For the price this is great but it’s a little too warmed toned for me. It’s only a £1 so if I run out of brow products I will buy it again but for now I have a couple of other products to use.
I think that this is the longest post I have ever written. Teaches me for leaving it so long between empties posts!
What kind of products are you happy to see the back of when they’re all finished?
Thanks for reading 🙂